You represent and warrant that you are at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence or visiting the Site under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
Information Collection & Use
- Villa Rentals: When you submit a request for villa information or add a villa to your “Favorites”, we collect your name, contact information, travel details and any other comments you may provide. If you choose to rent one of our villas, we will then collect your payment card information as well as additional information such as your itinerary, activities, food allergies, emergency contact information and travel preferences. We use this information to contact you about your request, make your reservation, plan your stay at one of our villas, and process your payment.
- Registration & Ordering: Before using certain parts of the Site or renting properties, you must complete an online registration form or you’ll be asked to send us various personal information (as described herein below) via e-mail message or fax.
During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your full name, date of birth, phone number, email address, and credit card number (in the event you rent a property). In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, where necessary to meet requirements under applicable laws and regulations. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfil your requests, to communicate with you about your order and the Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you.
- Newsletters: During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your full name, date of birth, phone number, email address, and credit card number (in the event you rent a property). In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, where necessary to meet requirements under applicable laws and regulations. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your requests, to communicate with you about your order and the Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you.
- Blogs, Social Media or other Public Forums: When you comment on our Blog, Social Media or other public forum, we may collect your name, email address as well as any comments, suggestions and other feedback you provide as postings to our Blog. We may use your comments, suggestions or feedback to monitor and/or improve our product and service offerings and our Site. Please remember that any information that you provide in these comment areas is accessible to the public, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information about yourself or anyone else.
- Rental Reviews: We ask all guests to complete a property rental review, after returning from their trip. Please remember that any information you provide in the rental review can be read or used by other visitors to the Site, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information about yourself or anyone else.
- Surveys and Customer Research: From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys or other customer research. We use the information obtained through our surveys and customer research in aggregate form, to help us understand our customers, to enhance our product and service offerings, and promotions.
- Contents & Promotions: When you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, address, phone number, email address, and other information you provide. We use this information to administer your participation in the contest or promotion. At the time you enter the contest or promotion, we may obtain your consent to send you future promotional communications. If a contest or promotion is jointly sponsored by us and one or more sponsors, your personal information may be shared with such sponsors, as specified at the time of collection of your personal information. We do not control the use, disclosure or security of your personal information by other sponsors, and recommend you review their respective privacy notices or statements.
- Employment: We may advertise employment opportunities on our Website. In connection with a job application or related inquiry, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials). We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for employment and if you are hired, as part of your employee file.
- Customer Service: When you contact us or one of our service providers with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name and email address) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint. We may also retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service, product and service offerings, and promotions.
- Communicating with you: We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site and your requests and rentals. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register or place an order with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance).
- Social Media: We may offer you the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. When you engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g., name, username, email address, profile picture, gender) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application. When you provide information from your social media account, we may use this information to personalize your experience on the Site and on the third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, and to provide you with other products or services you may request.
- Blue Collection collects information about visitors to the Website such as IP address and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Site. We use this information to help us understand our Site activity and to monitor and continually improve the online experience we provide Site visitors.
In addition, third parties (such as ad networks, data exchanges, and other service providers) may also collect information about your activity on our Site and on third-party websites using third-party cookies and other web-based technologies. The information collected by these third parties may be used to tailor ads you see both on our Site and on third-party websites. You can choose not to receive tailored advertising from listed ad networks, data exchanges, and other service providers using this online tool. If you opt out of receiving tailored advertising from a third party, you may still see Blue Collection ads on other websites, but those ads will not be customized by such third party and Blue Collection will continue to customize your experience on our Site using cookies.
Sharing of Information
We do not disclose, trade, sell, rent or otherwise transfer your personal information to anyone without your consent, except as otherwise set out herein.
- Home Owners/Property Management Companies: When you submit a request for villa information or complete a booking, we share personal information you have provided to us with the home owner or property Management Company where you would like to stay so that they can assess your suitability and approve your stay.
- Service Providers: Blue Collection may transfer (or make available) your personal information with our affiliates and authorized service providers that perform certain services or functions on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to authorize and process payments, host our Site, operate certain of its features, serve advertisements on our site or send email. Your personal information may be maintained and processed by our affiliates and other third party service providers in the [Greece, Athens and the jurisdiction in which you have reserved a villa]. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. For additional information on the way in which our service providers treat your personal information, contact us as set out below.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Blue Collection or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal: Blue Collection, and our Greek or other foreign affiliates and service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or as required or permitted by Greek or other foreign law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property./li>
Access to your Information
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information.
Safeguards & Accountability
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to help protect against the loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access or disclosure of personal information that we have in our custody or control.
Access to your personal information is restricted on a need-to-know basis. Only employees or authorized agents who need access to your personal information to perform a specific task are granted access to your personal information.
Blue Collection is responsible for Personal Information in its custody and under its control, including any Personal Information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes.
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information of our customers and Site visitors for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
Please contact our Privacy Department if you:
- wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information, or
- otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information.
You may contact our Privacy Department at firstname.lastname@example.org